|Kanji, Kana & Pronunciation|
Summary text here.
- Solid one colour background (with the exception of antique pieces that may have dyed or woven stripes).
- Antique pieces can be either flat silk, rinzu or chirimen. Modern pieces are chirimen.
- Can have from 1 to 5 kamon.
- Pattern sweeping across the lower half of body.
- No patterns on upper body or sleeve (with the exception of antique pieces that may have stripes. See below for exceptions).
- Antique irotomesode may come with a kasane layer or dounuki that typically has a repeat of the irotomesode pattern or a slightly altered version.
Iro Tomesode Examples
Taishō irotomesode with rinzu background and hiogi motif in shibori.
Late Taishō / Early Shōwa teal irotomesode with kumonosu (spider web) rinzu and multi-seasonal floral motifs.
Formality & TPO
Formality text here.
TPO - Within Japan
|Hotel Wedding Reception||Yes|
|Restaurant Wedding Reception||Yes|
| Yes - Acceptable to wear. |
OK - OK to wear if no suitable alternatives.
No - Unacceptable to wear.
Relevant Threads / Discussions
Authors & Contributors
Author/s: # (# (IG Username))
Contributors: # (# (IG Username))