Login * Member Blogs
FAQ *
   Search *
Member Stores
View unanswered posts
View active topics ::

IMPORTANT!

IMPORTANT NOTE: While email addresses are protected and hidden from view to both members and guest, if you have recently received unsolicited email contact from any member or former member, please forward it to us. Click to read more.

Becoming a member of the IG community is as simple as registering. To register, please click on "Login", and then "Register". Please note, registrations are activated manually by a moderator, so there may be a tiny delay in signing up and account activation. Registered, but having trouble with login? Please read this thread.

Members new and old, it's always a good time to re-acquaint yourself with the rules. New members, unsure about where to post stuff, or overwhelmed by the number of forums? Please check out the useful thread index.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: "Challenging Autumn: Momiji, Kaede, Ichou"
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:44 am 
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

Fav. Geiko: Komako in Snow Country
Fav. Motif: Sakura
Is anyone allowed to post a new topic? If so, I would like to suggest challenging autumn with fall-leaf motifs.

-What are your fall kitsuke?
-How did you put it together to make it say "AUTUMN"
-Did you use color combinations, fall motifs, or both?
-What do you do if the calendar says its fall, but the temperatures say summer, or vice versa?
-Anybody with fall birthdays that have a special fall birthday outfit?

-Do explain your inspiration and how it is autumn

Last edited by Auberginefleur on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:34 am 
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

Fav. Motif: hanabi, goldfish, landscape
Hmm I suppose my ensemble from the "Mum's the word" challenge would suit this challenge more :ermum Don't know how "AUTUMN" it really screams, but okay!

Pictures:
(Ignore the messy bed - we were throwing anything and everything onto it while getting dressed!)
You can see the motifs clearer in this one:

The kimono is of maple leaves in a variety of colours (green, blue, red, yellow), and the obi is of kiku and peonies. The obiage actually has sakura on it, and I had to fudge it around so that it didn't have any of the sakura showing! I based the ensemble on its motifs, and I tried to use an Autumn colour scheme, but it somehow turned out a little wintery.

If the calendar and the temperature disagree, I'll just count myself lucky that I have some autumn-themed yukata that I can dress up :D

I have a kimono-themed furisode that's my special autumn birthday kimono. I'll post as soon as I get together a nice ensemble and wear it hehe. I may have bought that red obi, but it still doesn't seem to satisfy me haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:07 pm 
First Mate Shiba-san (Mod)
First Mate Shiba-san (Mod)

Fav. Geiko: Naosuzu, Fumiyu & Miehina!
Fav. Motif: dog
Yes, I think my outfits are more Autumnal than strictly kiku/mum. I love kiku, but don't seem to have a lot in my collection. Here are my Autumn outfits put together:

This first set is a dusty purple iromuji with an all-season, (heavy on the Autumnal) nagoya obi. By the way this kimono is up for Trade in the trade/giveaway forum at present.

This you may have seen listed last weekend. I love this combination:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:20 pm 
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

Fav. Motif: Takarazukushi
My autumn/fall kitsuke :)  I posted this on my blog a while ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:52 pm 
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

shigatsuhana wrote:
By the way this kimono is up for Trade in the trade/giveaway forum at present.

I'm trying to find something to trade you for it!  Arrghh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:28 pm 
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Fav. Motif: Asahona, Ume

My autumn kitsuke.  From yesterday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:05 am 
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

I finally got around to wearing and posting my autumn ensemble. What makes it autumn to me is the color of the iromuji, a deeper maroon than appears in the photos, more like the purplish red of leaves just past their peak. I also wore a obidome clasp of three kaede maple leaves in red, green, and pale yellow. To bring all the colors together, I wore a black woven obi which included the colors of both the obidome and the kimono. Of course, I wore my fave maroon zori and lavender chirimen bunny obiage with the outfit. The whole outfit turned out to be a bit darker than I planned…

Anyhow, I wore this outfit after I had finished a recent project and then cleaned up my apartment, so that by that time it was too late to go to a park to see some flowers, so I just went to my local watering-hole, a yakitoriya-san, to see my friends. Oh, and stopped on the way to my local kimonoya-san to pick up a light blue obijime they had, which just happens to match one of my obiage perfectly! Will post pictures of that later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:07 am 
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

Fav. Motif: maple leaf, bambo, butterflys
OMG cute little bunnies! I need to know where you bought such a cute obi-age Auberginefleur! :lovelove

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:27 am 
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

Fav. Geiko: Umeha, Ichiteru
Fav. Motif: Momiji
Well last weekend, I completed my work contract up north of Lake Huron (in Killarney Provincial Park).  This was the first year I got to see the fall colours up there and I really wanted to get some photos there with a kimono.  I thought my taisho furisode would suit the autumn very well.  It has some beautiful momiji on it and I thought they'd be perfect with all the turning maples around.  Also, the purple fit the season as well.  So during a brief trip home I brought the kimono up to work with me.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to bring up any of my accessories, so I made due with some silk scarves.  I think I actually managed to throw together a rather taisho-esque look that way - in terms of the relaxed look of the kimono.

These first four photos were taken at the top of Silver Peak, the highest point in the park.  I hiked for two hours to get up there.   :D   Anyways, I had some fun with the kimono and my pointe shoes - and the strong winds there worked in my favour.  Though it was unbelieveably cold!  I'd been wearing ear muffs just a few minute before.   :D

These shots were taken in the campground up there.  Again it was very cold... so I actually didn't stay out to long for photos.

And here's just a shot where you can see my makeshift kanzashi a bit better!

All these photos are courtesy of my good friend:  http://wimchomble.deviantart.com/

If anyone is interested in seeing my photos from my northern adventures, you can view them here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13061699@N06/sets/72157606370036467/

My kanzashi and Japanese crafts:
Kurokami-Kanzashi.deviantart.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:51 am 
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

Aki_fox wrote:
OMG cute little bunnies! I need to know where you bought such a cute obi-age Auberginefleur! :lovelove

JYA

I just love that obiage. So OMG cu-ute, and easy to tie as well. One of the best purchases I've ever made.

GoldenPhoenix, your whole outfit is wonderful and I love the makeshift kanzashi! Clever!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:13 pm 
Jimae Geiko
Jimae Geiko

GoldenPhoenix, what an absolutely gorgeous photo set! I love the fourth one from the top. The wind playing with the kimono sleeves and hem and your ballet poses are just so graceful. The leaf "kanzashi" is a great touch! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:03 pm 
First Mate Ika-san (Admin)

Fav. Maiko: Chicken maiko!
Fav. Geiko: Mao, Mameyoshi
Fav. Motif: Squid, tachibana, Tokaido
Geimyo: Tsukinohana - 月の花
Those are so beautiful!!  :lovelove  :drooldrool:

The colours in your kimono echo nature so well, even the blue sash (is it a heko obi or something, or just a nice scarf?) pulls out the sky colour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:34 pm 
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

Fav. Maiko: Fukunae, Umechie, Mamefuji
Fav. Geiko: Kofuku, Makino, Miharu
Fav. Motif: Neko, Kikyo, Shippou
Geimyo: 月子 (Tsukiko)
I know everyone has already said it, but gorgeous pictures, GoldenPhoenix-san. I am especially fond of that shade of purple, so you made my day!  :smil3:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:55 pm 
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

Wow! Golden Phoenix, those are beautiful pics  :lovelove

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:54 pm 
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Fav. Motif: momiji
I :lovelove your kimono GoldenPhoenix! That shade of purple is stunning. Those forest shots are gorgeous!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:37 am 
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

Wow! GoldenPhoenix!  I love that second picture, it looks like you are going to take off flying.  And it totally makes me want to buy some pointe shoes and sign up for ballet lessons.  But I've heard those things are torturous to poor feet. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:18 am 
Geiko-san
Geiko-san

Fav. Geiko: kotoha
Fav. Motif: asanoha
i was in point when i was.....3rd gade whatever age that is.

it takes a bit of strengthening your calves and ankles, and technique.

but overall rewarding knowing that you can in some strange way defy a lil bit of gravity. (or give the impression you are)

i've been out of ballet waaay too long. (i could've hit new york bu opted not to due to self esteem issues)

i still have most of my shoes (they stink)

my last pair i had ripped to shreds before a performance. (i bough them a week earlier so i had to quickly get them to bend)

after doing it so long you have FULL control of your toes. me and another chick freak people out with how we can coordinate our toes with each other. lol.

also i have next to no pain receptors left in my toes, i can feel pressure...but not pain. (didnt help when my foot was ran over and i lost my toe nails) and the arches are torture for standing long hours on...

ok my rant about ballet over

maybe i should ballet my kmono's up....h.mm....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:54 am 
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

Thank you everyone, I had a lot of fun getting those photos taken.

moonblossom wrote:
Those are so beautiful!!  :lovelove  :drooldrool:

The colours in your kimono echo nature so well, even the blue sash (is it a heko obi or something, or just a nice scarf?) pulls out the sky colour.

Thank you very much!  It's actually just a blue silk scarf that I got as a souvenir in Turkey last summer.  I bought it because I thought it might be usefull for an obiage or something.

Kaede wrote:
Wow! GoldenPhoenix!  I love that second picture, it looks like you are going to take off flying.  And it totally makes me want to buy some pointe shoes and sign up for ballet lessons.  But I've heard those things are torturous to poor feet. :(

Thank you!  When I first started using pointe shoes they were extremely painful, but after a while I discovered that the shoes hadn't properly been fitted to my feet.  I have very pointy feet and most beginner shoes have a very large platform to stand on.  This makes it easier to balance, but it only offers proper support to people whose feet aren't so pointy.  I started buying shoes with a much smaller platform and I found the perfect fit.  I honestly didn't know pointe shoes could be so comfortable until I got ones that fit properly.  It was a bit harder to balance on them at first, but now I can dance for hours without pain.  I actually find it incredibly comfortable to stand on my toes like that.

Onanako wrote:
i was in point when i was.....3rd gade whatever age that is.

it takes a bit of strengthening your calves and ankles, and technique.

but overall rewarding knowing that you can in some strange way defy a lil bit of gravity. (or give the impression you are)

i've been out of ballet waaay too long. (i could've hit new york bu opted not to due to self esteem issues)

i still have most of my shoes (they stink)

my last pair i had ripped to shreds before a performance. (i bough them a week earlier so i had to quickly get them to bend)

after doing it so long you have FULL control of your toes. me and another chick freak people out with how we can coordinate our toes with each other. lol.

also i have next to no pain receptors left in my toes, i can feel pressure...but not pain. (didnt help when my foot was ran over and i lost my toe nails) and the arches are torture for standing long hours on...

ok my rant about ballet over

maybe i should ballet my kmono's up....h.mm....

Definitely!  We need more ballet kimono in the world!   :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:24 am 
Jimae Geiko
Jimae Geiko

Such wonderful ensembles here - I can't stop drooling! :droolkitti:

Auberginefleur
, the rustic feeling of your obi with your obidome is so beautiful and chic.  The autumnal feeling is 100%.

GoldenPhoenix, fantastic photo set, especially the fourth one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:37 pm 
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Kinda intimidating posting pix after those gorgeous shots GoldenPhoenix provided but here goes:
You can't really see the momiji on the obi, but they're there. There're more autumn motifs on the hem, but you can't really see them. My camerman (aka brother) was having some trouble operating my camera. Ah well...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:23 pm 
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

sweet'nsassy, I absolutely love your ensemble! The colors go great together and definitely give it a fall feel, even if it didn't have the momiji. But I  :lovelove  momiji, too! Autumn is so the best season!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:13 pm 
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Thanks sakura_blossom-san! Momiji are definitely one of my favorite motifs. Autumn is also my favorite season; I love the color of the leaves as they change  :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:59 pm 
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

Definitely! Viewing autumn leaves is my favorite part, too. Sadly, it distracts me too much when I'm driving during this time of year!  :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:23 pm 
Onesan
Onesan

Goldenphoenix- those photos are so beautiful! The landscape reminds me of some of the mountains/hills/woods around here in Charlottesville, also. The purple furisode looks wonderful with the scenery! How long have you been dancing? I love to dance, but have never taken any formal lessons. maybe someday :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:10 am 
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

Thank you SONGBIRD516!    It'll be 12 years this January since I started dancing.  Though, I often feel I'm not as good as I should be for 12 years of instruction.   :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:17 am 
Geiko-san
Geiko-san

Fav. Motif: Kiku, Momiji, Usagi, Karabana
Ah, that makes me nostalgic for my ballet days - took ballet lessons for around 15 years.  When I first started pointe I danced for over a year without any padding in my shoes because I was too lazy to get any, and then was amazed by the lack of pain when I finally got some lambswool. LOL  My feet never blistered or bled once, though.

I far prefer bellydance, though - wish I'd discovered it years earlier!

sweet'nsassy, that ensemble is giving me deja vu!  The kimono reminds me of my cream houmongi, and I have a ro obi almost identical to that one!  I love momiji, so of course I love your ensemble! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:08 pm 
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Thanks Sarcasm-hime! Perhaps our kimono are twins seperated at birth  :smil3:  I love anything with momiji on it, so that obi was a major win for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:20 pm 
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Well this is my autumn kitsuke with my neko cat paws  :smil3:  am wearing a fukuro obi with maple leaves and a humongi purple and pink with waves on it and a haori jacket. hope you like  :coy:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:28 pm 
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

Fav. Maiko: TOSHITERU,KEIKO,AND MAMEHARU
Fav. Geiko: KOTOHA!!! AND MAYUHA!!
Fav. Motif: Maple leaves Ume, sakura ect..
Golden Phonixe Your photos are amazing! i remeber ballet.( i stopped a few years ago) it was fun, the costumes and proformances... i think when i stopped the grace went bye bye too....lol i bump into walls, though i still have my toe shoes and can still stand in them...... ( iused them a couple years ago when i went as Helena from My chemical romances video Helena to a friends b-day costume party..)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:57 am 
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

My fall ensemble....

I think my main reason for calling this a fall ensemble is that if I went to the park around that time of year I would really blend in with the foliage, i.e. the colors are those when the trees are at their brightest color change.  Also (although I haven't studied motives intensely so I may be wrong), the flowers are leaves are fall motives.  This was my first time using a kansane eri and I had some difficulty keeping it from popping up above the kimono in the back (and thus keeping it from showing too much in the front).  I also only tied a taiko instead of a fancy musubi to save time - and I also think this furisode, although very busy, seems very relaxed and subdued.

Close up of the leaf and flower motive:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:00 am 
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Oops! Drat....I meant to post this picture last:

Sorry!

Post subject: Re: "Challenging Autumn: Momiji, Kaede, Ichou"
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:35 pm 
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

I still have no typical ensemble for the autumn but clematis can be worn until october as well so I have one ensemble:

http://pics.livejournal.com/ziehendewolke/pic/000w7tfw
http://pics.livejournal.com/ziehendewolke/pic/000yhz68
http://pics.livejournal.com/ziehendewolke/pic/000ypgxk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:04 pm 
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

Beautiful ensemble, Agnesia! I absolutely love the yellow-gold combination. Haori looks also great!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:21 pm 
Minarai-san
Minarai-san

Dang Kofoss! I'm lovin' those colors a little too much! I want your ensemble!

Agnesia, You remind me perfectly of Orange fall trees~ :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:35 pm 
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

I love your kitsuke Angels-tale! The bold design of the kimono makes it look like an odori kimono.
P.S. I luvs the kitty paws.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:39 am 

So I got these this week, and as un-seasonal as the outfit is right now, I could not be happier with how awesome they look together. The kimono's wool, and the obi's synthetic, but the colours.. fomg. There's some icy blue highlights on the leaves, and icy blue weave in the kimono that match perfectly.

This feels very "fall" to me because of the warm rich leafy colours of the kimono, and the turned maple on the obi.

Larger versions on my flickr, if you want to see the colours better
http://www.flickr.com/photos/moonypics/ ... 966701545/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:54 am 
Minarai-san
Minarai-san

Fav. Maiko: Wakana
Fav. Geiko: Kikuno of Nara
Fav. Motif: Peony, peacocks, fish, matsu
Oooh moonblossom, how jealous I am of your warm brick-red geometric kimono. :lovelove I love how the cream color of your obi brings out the little lines in your kimono!

Man, the colors in your photos always look fantastic. Even your furniture coordinates! 8D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:09 am 

Thank you! I'm really thrilled with how nicely they go together. I'm also waiting on a cream hakata hanhaba with blue accents that I think will work really great too. <3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:34 am 
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Fav. Motif: Ume, Tsuru and Tsubame
It's ALMOST time to break out the Autumn outfits. I say almost, because although it isn't 30 degrees out, I still need to put my air conditioner on when I get dressed.
But here we go. This is my favorite of my fall ensembles.

I bought this as an aside 'extra' because it was cheap. It ended up my favourite of 4 outfits once I got it home.

Yay dirty mirror and shaky hands! :D

oops. Not as nicely done as possible. Ohwell. It's not like I went anywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:21 pm 
Tayuu
Tayuu

Fav. Maiko: Umehisa, Mameharu, both Ayano
Fav. Geiko: Kotoha, Fukuyû, Ichiraku
Fav. Motif: Tsuta, Kiku leaves, Same
Me loves the kimono! he obi colour is a great match, and it sure hits the kaede leaves on the head.

What kind of obi or musubi is this? I knew there was something funny, but needed some time to notice you're wearing an obiage, but no obijime! Did you dress up a hanhaba obi, or is it a full-width one with a musubi that doesn't require an obijime?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:46 pm 
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Fav. Motif: Ume, Tsuru and Tsubame
It's hanhaba. I tied it with the ribbon knot and obiage, but one end was a few inches too long so I didn't bother to try to take photos of the back :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:02 am 
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

Fav. Motif: Waves
I really like your use of the dark blue paired with the autumn leaves. It is a break away from the convnetional color set, while still evoking the right cozy color scale :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:21 pm 
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Fav. Maiko: Mameharu
Fav. Geiko: Sadayakko, Kotoha
Fav. Motif: dragon
Wow, I can't believe I have been so busy these past months that I haven't even been able to come on here! :gah:

I will make it up to everyone with my autumn kitsuke. There will be a con this weekend in Oslo, celebrating not only your regular anime-stuff, but also fantasty, sci-fi, and Japanese in general! What better to wear to show off those silly anime-nerds (no offense to anyone here, I am just getting tired of the anime-hype here in Oslo with the young teens ;) ) than to wear real Japanese dress!

A golden komon with golden and purple momiji (from Ichiroya), paired with a maroon hakama (from Ryu). This hanhaba obi was the only one I felt fit in, so I threw in the black han-eri with red flowers, so the red of the obi connects with the red flower-embrodiery on the hakama, as well as the red flowers on the han-eri.
I was so eager to pair this komon with a hakama, because it has some wear and tear in places, and is a bit short as well because it's so old... now I can wear it without worrying if that tear in the lower back is visible! :katana:

I sure hope I managed to put on the hakama right. I searched alot of places on tutorials, but I found the best one to be a video of an aikido sensei showing his students how to put on hakama. Now, I know a lady's hakama isn't the same as aikido-hakama, but I figured that the routine for putting it on should be about the same. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:20 pm 
Furisode Shinzo
Furisode Shinzo

Fav. Geiko: Wakana
Fav. Motif: Itomaki Hanabishi Higaki
Yay! Hakama twins!
I had a link to a really nice video tutorial for wearing hakama, but the link is on my laptop which is waiting to get fixed. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:25 pm 
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Twins indeed! :lol:
What can I say, I just loved the maroon hakama at Ryu's store. ;)

I used this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkbCAs1Y5pA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:39 am 
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

That is a real nice color coordination.

Just one word of advise on the hakama if I may.
The obi should not show in the back; only in the front :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:40 pm 
Furisode Shinzo
Furisode Shinzo

Fav. Maiko: Mamechiho
Fav. Motif: Mandarin Ducks! Quack~!
When the kimono was on the wall I noticed both Mums and Bellflower, and with the orange accents..

....yeah. This is fall. Which makes me a little sad as it's my favorite outfit so far and it's all seasonal. :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:25 pm 
Onesan
Onesan

Fav. Motif: Waves, water, and Sakura
Beautiful ensemble Lenneth =) the colors remind me so much of autumn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:12 pm 
Naka
Naka

Fav. Maiko: Mamehana, Tsuruha
Fav. Geiko: Umeha, Ichimame, Kikuyu
Fav. Motif: ume, water waves
Lenneth, I see there botan - peony also, which is summer, if that helps in any way

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:14 pm 
Furisode Shinzo
Furisode Shinzo

ume_bloom wrote:
Lenneth, I see there botan - peony also, which is summer, if that helps in any way

maybe that means it's multi-seasonal and I could -maybe- get away with it other times of the year?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:30 pm 
Naka
Naka

Fav. Maiko: Mamehana, Tsuruha
Fav. Geiko: Umeha, Ichimame, Kikuyu
Fav. Motif: ume, water waves
I took a look at the coordination thread you posted for this furisode, and also saw some ume on your front-right sleeve, so definitely multi-seasonal :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:33 pm 
Tayuu
Tayuu

I believe there also are ume on your left shoulder. There is no doubt about it being multi-seasonal; I thought that was what you meant by "all seasonal." I assume you meant you thought it to be entirely made of seasonal items?

Nice obijime knot! Maybe some work on the obiage to smooth up to overall look ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:20 pm 
Furisode Shinzo
Furisode Shinzo

I was trying for that untied look and not sure how it's done, and since it was an anime con where noone knows or cares, I did my best.

Now that I'm home I'll be poking around here for info on that...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:37 pm 
Tayuu
Tayuu

This I did recognise right away, I just meant it might look neater if you carefully roll it up as for the regular knot before ticking it in, as to avoid the longitudinal wrinkles:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:14 am 
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

wabisuke wrote:
That is a real nice color coordination.

Just one word of advise on the hakama if I may.
The obi should not show in the back; only in the front :wink:

Oops :oops: I learn something new everyday!

Lenneth, wow, that furisode is gorgeous... and with so many pretty flowers as well. ^^ I really like seeing something so colorful on a dark background. :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:35 am 
Geiko-san
Geiko-san

Fav. Geiko: kotoha
Fav. Motif: asanoha
ok my fall outfit.. not perfect kitsuke though.

ok this kimono
1) wool
2) fall leaves on it
3) pairs perfectly with a giraffe obi omg!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:46 pm 
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Turtleneck style! :katana:

Loves it <3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:41 am 
Minarai-san
Minarai-san

I'm a little late here.

Green obijime for a reason, of course. :>
This outfit is an intense mess, though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:22 pm 
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

Fav. Maiko: Ayano of Gion Kobu
Fav. Geiko: Kikutsuru, Mamechiho
Fav. Motif: seigaiha, yabane
Geimyo: Mamechino 豆智乃
Finally, I have an autumn get up. Although the design's not really clear, it's in autumn colors

Excuse the messy room. :ermum

This is a closer look at the obi: http://i47.tinypic.com/2mcst9s.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:22 pm 
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Fav. Maiko: mamehana
Fav. Geiko: kimika
Fav. Motif: ume,kiku
I'm amazed about the fact that some people look so good in kimono >__>~ you guys all have some beautifull pieces there!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:01 pm 
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Fav. Motif: too many...
Beautiful photos everyone!

Okay, my five cents:
Not so much autumn patterns, but very much autumn fabric: kasuri kimono with woven obi, plus woollen haori.
I wore this at an international festival here, where my employer had a stand.
The photos were taken after 8 hours of running around and doing stand and stage setup and cleaning btw - I always have tasuki in my sleeve :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:42 pm 
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Fav. Motif: bare branches
This thread is full of beautiful ensembles!

ladyhendrix: I love your obi :lovelove The colors overall fit very well.

ningyo: Dots are awesome! :katana: I like hoe the bits of red stand out. I'm amazed hoe good it looks after 8 hours. My kitsuke will look sloppy, even without me running around... :ermum

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:36 am 
Misedashi
Misedashi

Fav. Motif: bright, and gracefull flowers
e-ehm... so yeah these will be the first pictures i'll be uploading to the forum hehe... i'm a little nervous about this and all but i'd like to share a few photo's with this challenge hehe ^^ kitsuke isn't perfect but oh well i walked around in it quite a bit too... before taking the pictures in the japanese garden in Clingendael =D (holland)

well here goes nothing x'D!

well that is it for now >u<!

it fits autumn very well, since my furi has some maple leaves on them, and some flowers also... (forgot the name ;A; i read it so much but i fail remembering lolol)
and I thought the aubergine colour of my furr/obi fits autumn really well, so i thought i'd combine them =) I quite like this ensamble, but i think it is a bit to much for my built x'D oh well =) hope you girls enjoy >u<!

Search for:
Jump to: