Login * Member Blogs
FAQ *
   Search *
Member Stores
View unanswered posts
View active topics ::

IMPORTANT!

As of the 31st of August, 2014 the Immortal Geisha forums has ceased accepting membership requests and become read only. To read further about this, please visit this thread:

http://immortalgeisha.com/ig_bb/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22347

Never fear, though! Immortal Geisha has moved over to Facebook! You can now find us all over here:
Facebook: Immortal Geisha - A Kimono, Kitsuke and Geisha Group

Many deep and profound thanks to everyone who participated and supported the forums over the years. 12 years is a great run for a message board, and here's to continuing the years over on Facebook!

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: PLEASE READ: Reporting System
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:05 pm 
Captain Okamisan (owner)
Captain Okamisan (owner)

Fav. Maiko: Momotaro
Fav. Geiko: Tome
Fav. Motif: Uguisu
I've installed a reporting system for people to report inappropriate, posts/topics, user behaviour, technical issues or any other issues you may have.  This will replace sending Administrators private messages to report issues.

This system is very easy to use and there are two ways to use it.

1.  Reporting a Topic or Post you feel is Inappropriate.
What do we class as inappropriate?
- Asking for research help for school assignments
- Advertising unless prior approval from Admins
- Spam posting
- Vulgar postings
- Flaming or insulting another forum member.

If you come across any particular post within a topic you feel is inappropriate - you can report it easily by clicking on the Image button which is right before the Image button.  This will take you to a screen where you can enter in your reasons you believe the post is inappropriate.  Fill this form out, click submit and you'll be returned to the topic you were just in.  When you return to your topic, you will notice that the Image button now has a strike through it.  This means the post has been reported.  When the issue is resolved, and if the post isn't deleted, this button will revert back to the non-strike through version meaning the issue has been cleared.

2. Reporting Users, General Issues and Technical Problems.
If you feel you have a problem with a fellow forum member, or you want to report a general or technical issue, please PM a mod rather than making a new, public post.

What Happens To the Reports?
Once a report is made, it is placed on a Reports List page that is private and viewable ONLY by the Administrators. From here, us Admins will check the page when we visit the forums to make sure there are no new reports, or any outstanding issues to deal with. When we have resolved an issue, we will send you a private message to let you know your report has been dealt with.  However, if it is just a matter of deleting spam posts, we will delete them and not worry about sending a private message.

This system should allow us Administrators to handle requests much faster than sending them to us via Private Messages as sometimes, some of us are absent for days at a time due to outside commitments, so this way - using the Reporting Feature will guarantee that at least the current Admin online will check and deal with the issue as quickly as possible.

Important Note: Anyone who sends issues to the Administrators via private message will be requested to re-submit it through the reporting system, unless, of course, it is an issue you need to deal with on a private matter with any of us.

If you have any questions about this system - please do not hesitate to ask!

Naomi~

[edited by bebemochi to remove outdated information about the "Write a Report" link that no longer exists in this version of the forum.]

Last edited by Immortal Geisha on Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:34 am 
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

Fav. Motif: uh... Chidori? Also, asanoha
How does one define excessive or random posting?  :???: This seems a little potentially problematic, since I know I often post little posts that have no large impact, sometimes just to concur in opinion or give a short compliment. I may not have a ton to say all the time, but I still want to be involved in a discussion. I know there are many lurkers out there and perhaps this will discourage them from posting. I guess it just bothers me that anyone on the boards could judge my post  and decide doesn't have the right level of quality and may report it.
Just my 2 cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:57 am 
Captain Okamisan (owner)
Captain Okamisan (owner)

Chidori

Quote:
I know I often post little posts that have no large impact, sometimes just to concur in opinion or give a short compliment.

I do that often myself.  We are not looking at reporting or stopping general chit-chat type post, but rather, where someone is blatantly posting continuous "empty" posts and increases their post count drastically in a very short period of time.  

With that said though, - I think I'll edit the description and remove that line.  The Admins normally have a pretty good grasp on if anyone is like that without the need for anyone to report it. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:03 am 
Captain Okamisan (owner)
Captain Okamisan (owner)

Also, just to let everyone know - the Reporting System hasn't been set up so everyone can moderate or report each other, but rather - to replace the existing system of members sending a private message to the Admins to deal with problems.  So you shouldn't feel uncomfortable about it in the least.

We receive private messages quite often, but depending on who the message has been sent to and when...the problem may not be dealt with quickly if the  Admin it was sent to is absent for a while.  So having the reporting system set up like this eliminates that element of wait because all Admins can view it and someone will act on it as soon as they see it - rather than only one Admin receiving the initial issue days after it was sent via PM.

Honestly, I'll be surprised if it is used much, because this is such a polite and well behaved forum  :lovelove

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:23 am 
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

Fav. Motif: uh... Chidori? Also, asanoha
Yay! Thank you. That makes me feel better about the whole system.
Thanks for the new icons, BTW. :kitti:

Post subject: Re: PLEASE READ: Reporting System
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:46 am 
Jimae Geiko
Jimae Geiko

Just giving this a little bump. The reporting system is sorely under-utilized around here. Please consider using it instead of PMing a mod so that your issue can get taken care of as quickly as possible.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:14 pm 
Jimae Geiko
Jimae Geiko

Am I being especially dumb today - I'm trying to find a link to report http://www.immortalgeisha.com/ig_bb/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13157 as it looks like we've been spammed but can't for the life of me find the "report" button on that page! Has is disappeared with the forum updates? Or do I just need to put my specs on?

Help!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:24 pm 
Jimae Geiko
Jimae Geiko

I can see the "exclamation mark" button at the bottom right corner just above the "quote" button.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:40 pm 
Jimae Geiko
Jimae Geiko

Thank you!

Immortal Geisha wrote:
you can report it easily by clicking on the Image button which is right before the Image button.

I read the sentence above and couldn't work out what the buttons were! I'm guessing now that originally the sentence had images of the buttons in it. I didn't make the association between the exclamation mark and the report button - doh!
:oops:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:30 pm 
First Mate Boobie-san (Mod)
First Mate Boobie-san (Mod)

Fav. Motif: apples, tsujigahana
That's right; for some reason, the images in this thread are no longer working. We're trying to figure out what's going on with that so that they show up. Until then, though, you're right - it's the (!) button at the bottom right hand corner of a post.

EDIT: Mojuko figured it out, so now the images are back in that thread.

And since this thread is here, I'll take a moment and request that members use the report button. It's easier for us to manage spam threads when no one has replied to the spammer.

Thanks, minna-san!

To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. - Joseph Chilton Pearce

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:46 pm 
Minarai-san
Minarai-san

Fav. Maiko: mamechiho,mamehana, kyouka
Fav. Geiko: katsuno.miyoharu,kotoha,wakana
Immortal Geisha wrote:
2. Reporting Users, General Issues and Technical Problems.
If you feel you have a problem with a fellow forum member, or you want to report a general or technical issue, you can use the "Write a Report" link.

This link is located in the top right hand corner of the forums, directly under the "ranks" link and next to the "Log out" link.

Here, you can create a report similar to inappropriate posts, but in this section, you can create a specific category your report belongs to.  Fill the form out, specify a category and submit as usual.

i don't know if its just me, but i can't find the link that is supposed to be in the top right hand corner of the forums, directly under the "ranks" link and next to the "Log out" link. i wanted to report a Technical Problem, but i don't know what to do now that i can't find the link :?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:24 pm 
First Mate Ika-san (Admin)
First Mate Ika-san (Admin)

Fav. Maiko: Chicken maiko!
Fav. Geiko: Mao, Mameyoshi
Fav. Motif: Squid, tachibana, Tokaido
Geimyo: Tsukinohana - 月の花
Ack, that link isn't there anymore. I'll mention it to Naomi, but for the time being you can PM me with your issue. :]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:57 pm 
Jimae Geiko
Jimae Geiko

Hey kids,

We mods totally appreciate you when you help us out by pointing out redundant threads, quoted images, spam, and other rules violations.

But instead of calling people out publicly in threads, how about you use this handy report function instead?

It has lots of advantages. The main one is that when a mod logs on, she'll see the bright red exclamation point next to the post and know to check on it immediately. Another is that there isn't a bunch of chatter added to the embarrassment of someone who's goofed, or a bunch of attention drawn to someone who is acting out (generally to garner that particular attention that you've just given them.)

If you see something bunged up and the exclamation point report button has a strike through it, then you can rest assured that another member has already reported it and a mod will be taking care of it asap.

Thanks!

Search for:
Jump to: