Login * Member Blogs
FAQ *
   Search *
Member Stores
View unanswered posts
View active topics ::

IMPORTANT!

IMPORTANT NOTE: While email addresses are protected and hidden from view to both members and guest, if you have recently received unsolicited email contact from any member or former member, please forward it to us. Click to read more.

Becoming a member of the IG community is as simple as registering. To register, please click on "Login", and then "Register". Please note, registrations are activated manually by a moderator, so there may be a tiny delay in signing up and account activation. Registered, but having trouble with login? Please read this thread.

Members new and old, it's always a good time to re-acquaint yourself with the rules. New members, unsure about where to post stuff, or overwhelmed by the number of forums? Please check out the useful thread index.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Japanese Glass Instruments
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:56 am 
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Fav. Maiko: Koyoshi, Umeraku, Kosen
Fav. Geiko: Kimika, Kikuyu, Mamehana
Fav. Motif: Fuji, Ume, Maneki Neko
A short video with a traditional Japanese orchestra playing various traditional instruments made entirely from glass.

http://media.smh.com.au/world/world-new ... 58659.html

The sound is interesting, but the Japanese tradition of aesthetics hasn't been lost- they're so pretty, especially the little taiko drum.

Post subject: Re: Japanese Glass Instruments
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:25 am 
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

Fav. Maiko: Fukusuzu
Fav. Geiko: Kimika and Mayuha
Those were beautiful! I love the tranverse flute most of all, it was stunning. But I agree with the drummer, the sound wasn't quite right. It didn't sound as deep as a wooden drum, but that's just to be expected since this is the first time anyone's tried this.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:32 am 
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Fav. Maiko: Katsuyuki
Fav. Geiko: mayuha
Fav. Motif: dragons
Hello I'm new to the forum and I just want to say that I thought that the glass Japanese instruments were so beautiful and I couldn't believe that they sounded the same except the drum but other than that they all sounded like the real thing! 8-O

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:49 am 
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Fav. Motif: furisode / sakura
I thought the same of the drum, but on the other hand they look so pretty with the glass decorated like that!

Search for:
Jump to: