Full-size kimono display hangar for just $13.50!

koneko
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Full-size kimono display hangar for just $13.50!

Post by koneko » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:44 pm

Hi :smile:

Just wondering if anyone else has done this yet, and if not, I wanted to point out a super-speedy way to have a reasonable kimono display stand.

I was lamenting my lack of kimono display options again last week (like you do!), particularly hankering after a full-size ikou-style flat display stand (again, like you do!). But the real ones are so phenomenally expensive. So I was out at the stores later on and my brain must have been still ticking that one over in the background, because I bought one of those really cheap double-hangar affairs, figuring that for under £20, I'd give it a go.

here's the type of thing I bought: https://www.amazon.com/Whitmor-Adjustab ... othes+rail
I bought the one with the rail to the center for stability, but you having tried it, I now know you could just as easily buy this type for just $13.50: https://www.amazon.com/Whitmor-Adjustab ... othes+rail

Got it home and assembled it completely as normal, hung an extra tube on it using some ribbon from my sewing bag (I already had several good thick bamboo stems from wall displays, bought from a garden center) and here's the result. Not actually awful, huh?

I know it's not a patch on a real ikou, but as you can see, because most of it is hidden the plastic-iness of it doesn't really intrude. And for $13.50 it seemed a bit of a no-brainer!

You can pretty much see what I did to make it useable, but If anyone wants more detail, just give me a shout and I'll put up more pictures :superhappy:

Amens
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Re: Full-size kimono display hangar for just $13.50!

Post by Amens » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:11 pm

Replying so it will be easier to find this again.

Just need to convince my husband of having a kimono display in the living room is a brilliant idea... If you have any tips in that department, please share;)

koneko
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Re: Full-size kimono display hangar for just $13.50!

Post by koneko » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:54 am

Lol! You're on your own with that one, I'm afraid! :happy: