Storing obiage

IG Team
Administration Team
Administration Team

Storing obiage

Post by IG Team » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:16 am

NAME: PENDARANE

As my collection keep growing (slowly, but growing anyway), I want to reorganise my obiage, but don't know how to do it. Are you folding or rolling them? Sort by color? Shibori together and non-shibori elsewhere? Is there a traditionnal way to sort them? Any other idea???

I can't wait to have yours suggestions and start playing with all those beautifull colors...

IG Team
Administration Team
Administration Team

Re: Storing obiage

Post by IG Team » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:17 am

NAME: SARCASM-HIME

I just fold them and then squeeze them all into a box vertically by colour, so I can see them all.

IG Team
Administration Team
Administration Team

Post by IG Team » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:17 am

NAME: IYOLIN

I do the same thing as Sarcasm-hime, bearing in mind that I only have about 10, half of which are shibori.

IG Team
Administration Team
Administration Team

Post by IG Team » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:18 am

NAME: TEABOT

i also follow my school's example, but in this case, that means folding them twice (maybe three times? i can't remember...) lengthwise, then rolling them. my school tends to follow the jime and age being the same color, so they store the two together by using the folded obijime as the core around which the folded obiage is rolled. ...if that makes sense?

for all mine ("all" hahah... i have two. and one is just scrap fabric!) i just roll them and store my folded obijime separately.

IG Team
Administration Team
Administration Team

Post by IG Team » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:18 am

NAME: GIKUYU

For full shibori obiage I fold them and put them somewhere I want them :P
For those with a plain piece in the middle that covers the makura I first tuck that piece in so it is all the same width as the shibori part and then I fold them up :)

Made pics so it will be a littler easier to understand
Pink is full shibori and blue one is partly shibori

This is how I tuck in that plain piece before folding up

aethyreal
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Post by aethyreal » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:56 pm

I've tried folding and rolling and neither worked well in my small tansu drawer. I've switched making paper tubes out of acid-free printing paper and tape, rolling the obiage up on the tube, and then securing it with a piece of yarn tied around the middle (kind of looks like the classic image of a diploma). Since each one is tied, I can shuffle them around easily without things turning into a tangle or having to refold. :pleased: