Japanese/U.S relations in the 1850s

IG Team
Administration Team
Administration Team

Japanese/U.S relations in the 1850s

Post by IG Team » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:24 pm

akemi.s

Just finished my paper on Japanese/U.S. relations! and what a relief! :kawaii: However my room is now filled with library books that I will have to take back :( and I just don't have the money to buy anymore Japanese history/culture books, I've already bought enough! I'll just have to put them on my list for another day...

There were some amazing books, for primary sources already translated, I recommend, David J. Lu's book "A Documentary History: the Late Tokugawa Period to the Present" there is also another volume which is before that from the beginning of Japanese history. I also got some amazing quotes from Kenneth Henshall's "A History of Japan from Stone Age to Superpower" But the most helpful of all (however the most expensive as I recall) was Walter LaFeber's book "The Clash: U.S.-Japanese Relations throughout History"

I wasn't sure if anyone was interested in this, but thought I might as well post it!

IG Team
Administration Team
Administration Team

Re: Japanese/U.S relations in the 1850s

Post by IG Team » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:25 pm

Musashi

"The Clash: U.S.-Japanese Relations throughout History"
Somewhat entertaining title. Considering how Perry behaved on Okinawa I think "clash" is an understatement.