THE Book! "Kitsuke to Obimusubi Hyakka"

IG Team
Administration Team
Administration Team

THE Book! "Kitsuke to Obimusubi Hyakka"

Post by IG Team » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:24 am

NAME: Koumitsu

It has everything! How to dress:

1. A bride (furisode, uchikake, kurotomesode, how to pose her for formal pics, too!)
2. A maiko (the makeup, how to put in kanzashi, the furisode hikizuri, darari musubi etc.)
3. A geisha (hikizuri, 2 ways to tie the obi)
4. All the other normal kimono things (regular furisode, girl's hakama for graduation, regular kimonos, all sorts of ways to tie the obi, color coordinating chart , guy's stuff, how to fold and care for kimono, how to walk, sit, open doors, how to fix things, etc.)
5.Jyyunihitoe, too! Ack! Too cool! Lots of stuff! (Yes, I'm excited because it just came today. Standard cheap shipping takes a week normally...but as Christmas approaches, it might take longer...)

1/3 is in full color...some of the guy stuff and 7-5-3 stuff is in B&W, and the rest is in that wierd psuedo color.) It shows pictures of the steps with captions in Japanese under each pic. It's not too terribly detailed about the Jyunihitoe or the corresponding guys clothes thing, but the obi tying parts are very detailed. It's paperback.

The ISBN is 4062045540
It's 2200yen (about $20)

You can order it yourself, in English on from Amazon, Japan:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASI ... 23-4788313

[this book review was created before the Book Review forum was, so it's exempt from the Book Review Guidelines. --bebemochi]

shira
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

Re: THE Book! "Kitsuke to Obimusubi Hyakka"

Post by shira » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:24 am

NAME: yohmama-san

This is the best book I have for general purposes. It shows wedding kitsuke, geisha and maiko, schoolgirl hakama, and pretty much everything else you could want.

I bought my copy new from amazon.jp a few years ago, but it is out of print now. A copy is listed on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT, but the price is way out of line.

shira
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

Post by shira » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:25 am

NAME: polinah

Koumitsu wrote:It has everything! How to dress:

1. A bride (furisode, uchikake, kurotomesode, how to pose her for formal pics, too!)
2. A maiko (the makeup, how to put in kanzashi, the furisode hikizuri, darari musubi etc.)
3. A geisha (hikizuri, 2 ways to tie the obi)
4. All the other normal kimono things (regular furisode, girl's hakama for graduation, regular kimonos, all sorts of ways to tie the obi, color coordinating chart , guy's stuff, how to fold and care for kimono, how to walk, sit, open doors, how to fix things, etc.)
5.Jyyunihitoe, too! Ack! Too cool! Lots of stuff! (Yes, I'm excited because it just came today. Standard cheap shipping takes a week normally...but as Christmas approaches, it might take longer...)

1/3 is in full color...some of the guy stuff and 7-5-3 stuff is in B&W, and the rest is in that wierd psuedo color.) It shows pictures of the steps with captions in Japanese under each pic. It's not too terribly detailed about the Jyunihitoe or the corresponding guys clothes thing, but the obi tying parts are very detailed. It's paperback.

The ISBN is 4062045540
It's 2200yen (about $20)

You can order it yourself, in English on from Amazon, Japan:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASI ... 23-4788313

[this book review was created before the Book Review forum was, so it's exempt from the Book Review Guidelines. --bebemochi]

You can find it through kinokuniya online as well (i bought mine there)... it was around $40 after shipment. Search for it online tough by isbn thats how I found it

I love this book I reference it all the time the obi musubi tutorials are really good step by steps. Heres an example of one of the musubi pages:

KIMONO OBSESSION: The Kimono Collection and Adventures of Polina

shira
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

Post by shira » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:25 am

NAME: U no Hana

I do love this book! Very useful and quite often I look it up to compare the musubi instructions with other books (the pics aren't showing the same steps so the whole process is easier to understand) :)
Pity is now out of print.

shira
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

Post by shira » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:26 am

NAME: Tahanala

EBay has it right now.

shira
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

That's the same auction I linked to above.

Amazon.jp has one used copy for less - but the seller does not ship outside Japan.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-listin ... ition=used

(Sorry, but I can't figure out how to put links under a single word...)

shira
Maiko-san
Maiko-san

There is a copy of this book on ebay for a fairly good price right now!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kimono-Book-Kit ... 778wt_1270