Motifs and seasonal color reference links

IG Team
Administration Team
Administration Team

Motifs and seasonal color reference links

Post by IG Team » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:35 am

fraise

I was searching for something entirely unrelated and came across these nice pages:
Seasonal layer-colors

The Patterns of Japan

A few days ago I found these great sites too:
Meanings and associations for many Japanese motifs

Japanese Design Motifs

IG Team
Administration Team
Administration Team

Re: Motifs and seasonal color reference links

Post by IG Team » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:35 am

Misti

Inspired to go find out more about the stripe patern on my kakeshita and your great links, I went looking/surfing again...

I found a real interesting link, it's all Japanese so translation is needed, but it is real fun and informative:

http://sensho.or.jp/index.html

IG Team
Administration Team
Administration Team

Re: Motifs and seasonal color reference links

Post by IG Team » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:36 am

neeta

Those are super cool links, Fraise and Misti, THANKS! Very useful indeed :) :roll:

I was wondering about the colour "beni": if it's the colour coming from saffron flower (benibana) then it should be called kurenai, and should also be a sort of scarlet pink, even if with a hint of yellow tone, not a strong orange like it shows on my screen... or is it another colour? (I'm using Dalby's "Kimono" as a reference, now, and also this page:
http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/ja ... lower.html

P.S. I too have a uneasy feeling when I'm on Ichiroya board, like I must be very careful about what I say... sometimes I wonder if some people is really interested in kimono, discussions are quite low-level. But then... when someone asks a question there I assume he/she's seeking for help/info, so I try to answer as best as I can, after all I learnt many things because someone one day had the patience to answer me... on this board :)
I LOVE this board too, and the people that makes it so, I hope it will keep on being a beacon on the web for real kimono worshipper!! :wink: